How do I Know if My Cabinet’s Boxes are Good Enough for Refacing?
This is one of the most common questions that we receive from homeowners. And the simple answer to the question is that as long as the boxes in your kitchen or bathroom cabinet are structurally sound then they can be refaced. While it may somewhat counter-intuitive, the reality is that it is often older boxes that tend to be stronger and sturdier than newer ones, thereby making them better candidates for refacing.
What is Oxnard Plumbing Company’s Process for Refacing Cabinets?
At Oxnard Plumbing Company, we take what we do very seriously. To ensure optimal results for all our residential clients, we always follow a dedicated three-stage approach that we feel is guaranteed to deliver consistent success for you. These stages are as follows:
1. Doors: The first thing we do is remove cabinet doors and drawer fronts and have them replaced.
2. Skinning: Once the first stage is completed, the remaining part of the cabinet—the box—remains in place. From there veneers are applied to the boxes while all other interior parts remain consistent.
3. Accessories: Finally, we will remove and replace fixtures and hinges if that’s what is needed. However, you can also keep existing fixtures or hinges in place—the choice is yours.
Three Benefits of Custom Kitchen Cabinets
At Oxnard Plumbing Company, we are very aware that our customized cabinet creation service can add immediate and long-lasting value to your kitchen cabinets. Here are three of the most apparent advantages of custom-built cabinets for your home.
1. Longevity: Customized cabinets from Oxnard Plumbing Company may cost a little more than a generic option right now, but the reality is that, over-time, our tailored product will end up saving you hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars. We take immense professional pride in the service we offer and we ensure all our cabinets are built to last. This means that when you order them from us, you know that you are making a very worthwhile investment.
2. Locally Sourced: Another major advantage of Oxnard Plumbing Company’s customized cabinets is that almost all of our wood materials are sourced locally. We are very lucky to have first-hand access to a wide array of wood to choose from. This wide range of soft and hardwoods also means that our cabinets are less impactful on the environment than remodeling and carpentry firms who import wood from abroad or other parts of the United States.
3. Made to Order: The reality is that irrespective of the size and shape of your kitchen, custom-built cabinets from Oxnard Plumbing Company can provide immediate results for your home. So, if you have an unconventional kitchen with a complicated floor plan, you can rest assured that we will be able to accommodate your needs.
Q: What should I do about a clogged toilet/drain?
There are a lot of do it yourself methods for unclogging a toilet or drain. From the baking soda and vinegar technique, to plungers, coat hangers, and purchasing a toilet snake, all of these methods can work but are not guaranteed. Your best bet is to call Oxnard Plumbing Company. Not only will we unclog your toilet or sink, we’ll ensure the same thing doesn’t happen again any time soon.
Q: Why is my shower pressure so weak?
Poor water pressure can be caused by hard-water buildup in pipes, hot water tank issues such as sediment buildup, or a problem with the water line such as it being pinched. Regular maintenance should stop these things from happening but if they have happened, you’ll need to call in a professional licensed plumber.
Q: What should I do during a plumbing emergency?
Call us immediately! We make ourselves available 24/7 for this exact reason. And, if there is potential for electrical danger, keep as far away from the emergency site as possible.
Q: What should I do if the toilet won’t stop running?
There’s a simple fix for this. The water level in your toilet’s tank is controlled by a floating cap. By going inside your tank, you can adjust the cap. If it keeps happening, you may need a replacement. Get in touch with Oxnard Plumbing Company and we can do the job quickly and affordably.
Q: What are the benefits of a low flush toilet?
Water conservation and in association, cost savings. By using less water, you’ll be helping the planet and saving yourself on water bills!
Q: Why does my toilet clog easily?
If you find that your toilet is clogging easily all the time, chances are there’s a large obstruction in there that is being added to every time you flush. Something that contributes to this is the use of too much toilet paper, or the flushing of absorbent materials such as tampons. You could also be experiencing water flow issues or venting issues. Give Oxnard Plumbing Company a call and we’ll assess the situation for you and figure out the best, most affordable repair!
Q: How do I unclog my toilet?
Grab the plunger! Stop the bowl from filling by controlling the flapper in your toilet’s tank, and get plunging. If this doesn’t help, there may be a bigger problem in which case you’ll have to call in the pros.
Q: One of my taps has a very low water supply. What could be causing this?
This could be caused by a problem with the tap’s aerator or a leak somewhere along its pipeline. If you cannot fix the problem by cleaning the aerator, you may be dealing with a bigger issue.
Q: How do I shut off the water to the entire house?
Look for the main valve to your house. It will be outside by your water meter. Then, just turn it clockwise until it stops. There will be residual water in the pipes if you run a tap but it will clear out with use.